Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Birthday gurrrrl


I turned 32 today, and although technically all my out-of-the-house celebrations are taking place tomorrow / the weekend and I'm staying in tonight, that never stops me dressing all nice in celebration of my birthday! The Boyf bought me these beautiful flowers, and I've had a lush day at home. Anyway I thought this might be a good opportunity to show you the shoes I got a few months back... they haven't featured on the blog yet so I'm excited 'cause I love them!
Earrings - V&A
Dress 24 - Asos Curve
Tights XL - Primark 100 den
Shoes - Tracey Neuls
 
 I'm wearing a couple of Ebay buys here, both of which I love!
 I wanted this dress for ever, and was sure I'd manage to get it for cheap in the Asos sales, but after about a year of it sitting in my wishlist (and still being well expensive!) it sold out in a 24 and there was no way I was going to be able to get a 22 done up over my norks... it's a shirt dress after all!
 Happily I managed to get it on ebay for cheap (extremely cheap in fact, since the seller posted it to me soaking wet and reeking of cigarettes & fabreeze!) and although I was a bit worried that it would be a bit too short for me it's actually a pretty nice length... a few inches above me knees, which is perfect for full skirts!
 On to my goddam awesome shoes. I love Tracey Neuls shoes and if I could afford more of her designs I would wear them everyday! As it is I can't really justify the price, no matter how much I love them, so I can only get them during sample sales or from ebay, and these turned up on ebay shortly after the last sample sale (which I missed... ARGH!) so I was stoked to win these!
 The thing with Tracey's shoes is that they're such cool and unusual designs, but they're weirdly comfortable. I have 3 pairs now and I love them all!
 The colour is so delicious.... I think my burning desire to own red shoes when I was a little girl (which I wasn't allowed!) has never really left me, so I find these very exciting!
 
 Ahhhh man these are dream shoes! There are a couple of pairs I want in her sale at the moment too, but at over £100 each I'm not sure if I'd get enough ware out of them..... I shouldn't have looked! I might have to go to the store and try them. Slippery slope!
 These are some of my favourite earrings that I got from the V&A Hollywood Costume Exhibition, they're big, and yellow, and therefore I love them.... obviously!

 I took a couple of days off over my birthday, mainly so I could stay home (in bed) and watch all the crappy films I've fancied watching but haven't found time for (because I don't wanna force my boyfriend to watch chick flicks!) so just for balance, this was me yesterday, keeping it casual!
 You better believe I keep my flat warm enough for flip flops when I'm home during the day! The joys of getting dressed after lunch!
Jumper & trousers 18 - Primark
Flips - Crocs

Right, my fella is about to come home, so I'm off to have some birthday fun (which will include Cherry Coke, Galaxy and chow mein... amongst other things!)


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Your smile in the penultimate photo could light up a coal mine. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah! That's so lovely! I guess I don't smile much in my blog pics huh?!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have had a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great birthday! Even your lazy days are stylish!

    ReplyDelete