Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

Wardrobe fortnight!

I'm not sure what I've been up to for the last few weeks that has made me so busy, but I'm only just getting round to my ootd round-up! anyway, here are my outfits from the last fortnight!
I've been doing a fair bit of tidying and getting things ready for winter so I guess I lost a bit of time to that.... I seem to be a loyal Nike fan huh?!

Monday last week
 This is an old favourite, I just love all the stripes that go in different directions and the detailing is lovely (see the delicious shoulders?!). It's not the most flattering on the belly because it's clingy stretch jersey, but damn its good on the boobs!
Dress 22 - M&S Autograph (came in a few colours and are often on ebay!)
leggings 20 - Primark
Brogues - Charity shop

Tuesday last week
 I've had this dress for ages and I still love it which is probably why I'm grinning!
 
Dress 22 - George
leggings 20 - Primark
shoes - Crocs

Wednesday
 This top is SOOOO old! the shoes on the other hand are relatively new, and despite being super soft they gave me the worst blisters on the back of my ankles. I think I needed the 6.5 and the 7's are too big. Will never wear them again!
 Top 16 - Primark
Jeans 22 - New Look Inspire
loafers - M&S

Thursday
Earrings - Primark
Dress 22 - Asos Curve
Leggings XL - H&M
Booties - £5 shop in Camberwell

Friday - DAY OFF!

I dyed & cut my hair on Friday & that's pretty much it!

I think I have FINALLY found the right hair dye for me!
 I was really worried that It was going to come out black when I put it on, it even looked a bit blue.
 Luckily it's just a very dark brown, and I'm so freaking happy because I've been trying to get my natural colour back and most dark browns do just go black on my hair. This is a lovely dark rich brown and covered my whites extremely well. My natural colour is super dark brown, but not black... I look like the undead when I have black hair. Now lets just hope they don't discontinue this one like they've done with all my other Schwartzkopf colours!
Fringe is back. Summer is officially over! Horse Jumper is an old one from Primark btw.

Saturday
Cardi 20 - Primark
Dress 22 - Simply Be via Crazy Clearance
Leggings & sexy socks - Primark

Sunday
Forgot to photograph my outfit but re-discovered my diffuser & took this silly selfie of me enjoying my tousled mane!

Monday - Another day off! 

Again, I didn't take a outfit photo, but Monday was my Bon Prix disappointment day. Let me tell you about it....

You know how everyone is going bonkers for tartan? I'm not that that keen on it myself, I only really like it when it's on Vivienne Westwood Style fitted suits, and I would only wear a proper tartan myself if it was a Westwood style blazer....
 ....when I saw this blazer on Bon Prix I lost my shit and ordered it straight away! It didn't go too well to be honest! Firstly Bon Prix (like H&M, who I never buy online with for this precise reason) won't deliver to commercial premises. What that means is that I couldn't have it delivered to work, which is a massive issue for me because I am away from my flat for 11hrs most days and there is nobody to take parcels. There is no access to our block for posties and our mail box is the size of an ipad. Argh! Next up was a big issue, when I looked at the order confirmation email I noticed that it said 'green/ yellow / pink tartan' which was news to me.... I had no idea the jacket came in different colours as there is only one picture of the jacket (the pic above).... I guess when I selected size 24 they had been out of stock and it had automatically jumped to another colour? I don't know, but either way I was concerned so I emailed customer services (I wasn't going to ring them when they don't have a freephone number!). No reply. Tried tweeting them but by the time I had a response the order had already been dispatched. On Thursday I checked my account and it said my order had been 'fully delivered'. Problem was I didn't have it. No one had been in the flat to take a parcel and it wasn't in the lobby so none of my neighbours took it in either. 2nd email to customer services. No reply... again. Turned to twitter and got a 'we're looking into this' a day later. It didn't turn up on Friday. It didn't turn up on Saturday.... I was worried they had delivered it to the wrong address or something! It arrived on Monday, and then later I got a tweet telling me it had been delivered... which obviously I knew because the courier had pressed my buzzer, told me I had a parcel and then left it outside the block and buggered off before I had even got down the stairs to pick it up!. Basically I'm not very impressed with Bon Prix and I cannot abide companies who have a customer service email address but never ever respond to their customers. It is something that puts me off shopping with them.
 Wrong fucking colour. You can probably tell that this size 24 is too small for me..... I couldn't do the buttons up all the way and it was horribly uncomfortable. If it was a better fit (or was available in a size 26 - I'm not worried about what the label says) then I would have exchanged it for the rainbow version in the stock photo with the turquoise. It's a very small cut for a 24, and the arms are unbearably tight on me. I'm genuinely sad about this though, because I LOVE the cut and style of this blazer! Okay I would have replaced the hideous jewel buttons and removed the silly bow thing that totally ruin the look, but otherwise this should have been my Westwood-style tartan dream-come-true! I didn't feel gutted at the time because I was already thinking that I'd send it back after such shite service, but seeing the pictures again I WISH I could get this in a bigger size. I would have worn the fuck out of it :(
 They didn't have many sizes available when I ordered but they seem to have restocked now, so for those of you guys size 22 & under you can get this jacket from Bon Prix for £59.99 here. My advice is to size up and make sure you keep an eye on the colour selection!


Tuesday
 I have wanted this dress for nearly a year now but it was so damn expensive that I resisted it until it sold out in the size 24. I was initially worried that it would be too short for me, but luckily Becky reviewed it here, and generally I can use the fit on her to work out what it'll be like on me... I need a larger waist than Becky but around the same chest size (I have smaller boobs but a bigger back so if a 22 is tight on her bust I know I need a 24 for instance) and I'm a fair bit taller too so I find her ASOS reviews really helpful!. I fully intend to buy the new version of this that is COVERED in embroidery too if it ever goes on sale. When it came up on ebay I bid and won, and here it is. JUST long enough for me. By the way, if you follow me on twitter this is the dress that arrived sopping wet, the seller gave me some money back though so including p&p I got it for just under £20. It got a bloody good wash and now it's fine (actually it has a hole under the arm that I'm going to have to fix, but hey-ho!)
Dress 24 - Asos Curve via ebay
Rose gold hoops - Silvershake
Leggings 20 - Primark
Shoes - New Look

Wednesday
 Bit of a different vibe on Wednesday with my clown trousers!
 I bloody love my new tassel bag!
 Thought I might as well go full-clown with my accessories so these are some old favourite moustache hoops, and my piano bracelet (which always reminds me of my delicious fella 'cause he is a pianist!).
Earrings - Asos
T-shirt 22 - Asos Curve
Trousers 22 - Dorothy Perkins
Bag (£10, also in grey & still in stores), bracelet & booties - Primark

Thursday
 I totally spilt my chocolate orange mocha all down the front of this dress before taking these pics! Luckily you can't see it here! One of my go-to comfy and casual dresses.
Dress 22 - New Look inspire
Leggings XL - H&M
Trainers - Nike (obviously!)

Friday
Dress 26 - Vintage
Cuff - H&M
This was £1 in the sale.... H&M have some great stuff in their accessory sale at the moment.

Saturday
Didn't get dressed... it was a good day!

Sunday
Dress 22 - Anna Scholz White Label
Leggings XL -  H&M
Boots - Primark

The in-laws visited us today, so effort was made! Proper deep conditioning of the hair, a sensible dress and comfy boots to walk around in. The weather was so lovely they couldn't have chosen a better day to visit!
Norwood Feast again (we go most months 'cause we are greedy gannets!) and would you just look at that 6 layered rainbow cake! Frosted and covered in sprinkles.... it called to me and my rainbow bright childhood! I resisted it because I didn't want to look like a crazy child in front of my boyfs folks so I got a much more grown up, E number-free (and probably more delicious) apple and blackberry crumble cake. I will have a slice of this one day. I'll need some alone time with it though!
 I cannot be let loose in a vintage market! I swear to god if I had the space for these I would have bloody got them and tarted them up big style. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Art Nouveau with a damn dirty passion!
 I resisted the £80 set of chairs, but I certainly did not resist the set of dusky pink vintage glasses for £8!
could I love these any more? No. They are tiny pieces of pink perfection!

And I'm done... phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment