Pages

Thursday 4 July 2013

Pinky

Just a super quick post to show you the utterly delicious Carmakoma dress I ordered.....
This is my first Carmakoma order, so I had no idea what the sizing would be like! I plumped (ha) for the XL which I think is a UK26, but looking ta the pictures I was worried that the L would be too tight on the bottom and maybe too short. I wanted to ensure big sleeves too!
I actually think I'd have been okay with the L, but the skirt might have been a bit snugger than I'd like... this dress is generous on the top and much more fitted on the bottom. I've had to pin the v-neck and I'm just about to sew it up properly so it doesn't gape!
Nice bit of back cleavage! I added the belt myself to make it look more shapely. The colour is fabulous and the fabric is lovely and light with a bit of stretch. IT's polyester but feels a little bit like a non-shiny version of Anna Scholz's double silk.
It's a much more relaxed look without the belt. I quite like the idea of going beltless to work tomorrow and then adding the belt when I go out in the evening. We shall see! Oh, and how much do I love having pockets?! The dress is on sale here, the XL has sold out but it's still available in all the other sizes!

1 comment:

  1. Love the dress ! Very vintage
    Lushcherry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete