Pages

Sunday 22 September 2013

Wardrobe Weekly

 Monday
I think the best thing about the weather changing is being able to wear some of my thicker dresses. This is a firm favourite!
 Dress 24 - Anna Scholz Black Label
Leggings XL - H&M
Shoes - Brako
 The Garnier hair dye I used has lightened my roots to a slightly orange brown and turned my ends black. Mehhhhhh.....

Tuesday
 Dress 22-24 - xclusive fashions
Leggings 20 - Primark
Boots - Primark

Wednesday
 I dressed like a tennis player on Wednesday! I need a green belt to wear with this dress really, but until I find a good one it has to be black!
Dress - Vintage from Traid (size unknown!)
Leggings 20, Primark
Holographic daps - H&M

Thursday
 I was scrambling up wet ladders on Thursday to briefly work on some scary scaffolding, so I had to wear (relatively!) sensible clothing. To me that means jeans and trainers, but nobody said I couldn't wear neon!
 Double polka dots dudes!
Cardi 18 & top 20 - Primark
Jeans US20 - Forever 21+
Trainers - Nike

Friday
My new Brooch from Kate Rowland has replaced my (currently broken) mirror brooch on my mac. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I adore Arrested Development. I managed to turn my sister, my friends, my boyfriend and his entire family into Bluth maniacs with my obsession.... I got one of these for my boyfriends mum too, I'll have to hide mine from her until after Christmas! Very tempted to get on of her parks and recreation ones too!

 I felt sexy on Friday.... you can probably tell from my silly posing? I've always been a poser, from the age of about 3!
I wanted this skirt for ages but couldn't get my size until recently. You know I've been trying to find something with an oriental print for ages. Frankly the plus size offerings for this particular trend have been shit, and I'm a bit gutted about that because it was the catwalk trend I was most excited about hitting the high streets!
 This is my beloved £6 jumper from Primark untucked. I'm so very in love with these jumpers!
Jumper 20, necklace, skirt 18, leggings 20 & shoes - Primark

Saturday
I have waited AGES to wear this dress! The weather was too warm when I first got it, and it's mega synthetic. Saturday was the day to go for it.
Of course it is a bit nippy so my trusty new look inspire hoodie came with me too!

I LOVE this bright pink 'colour Elixir' from Max Factor.....
 The pigmentation is intense (much more so than with the red version) and it lasted for hours!
 I couldn't resist wearing my trivial pursuit earrings with my multi coloured dress. These were a gift from a friend yonks ago!

 We hauled ass to Brixton for the 'Brixton Come together' festival thingy.  I should have known it was going to be proper weird when I saw this fucking stupid sign...
 I made my boyfriend drag a bag full of clothes I wanted to get rid of (which weren't worth selling) all the way in because it said on the website that they had a donation tent for clothes & kids toys etc. We wondered round for a bit before I got pissed off and asked one of the trendy hipster volunteer types where this elusive donation tent was. Blank looks. 'Ask one of the people over there in the green t-shirts'. Okay, chased one of the other volunteers round, asked her.... 'I don't know, I'll ask them' - 'them' being the two girls who just told me to ask someone else. I yelled this at her as she ignored me and marched off towards the stall of bemused looking girls. A guy was brought into it who said 'errr.... I don't know, just leave it here'. Fine. I'm a grumpy bitch at the best of times, but I hate badly organized events that are staffed by beautiful but clueless people. Plus there was hardly any food so we relocated to the Village for some grub....
... we finally got round to trying 'Wings and Tings' which we've been meaning to try for ages. Oh god don't bother! What a disappointment! A chicken leg covered in reggae reggae sauce does not jerk chicken make! The chicken was cooked but not for long enough to be good - getting it off the bone was almost impossible. the rice and peas was nothing special, nor was the coleslaw, and the mango salsa was mango with fucking massive chunks of raw ginger. Basically it was balls, and it's not just me being fussy, my fella (who has much lower standards than me when it comes to food!) also thought it was balls! I was annoyed because there are some great Caribbean food places in Brixton.... if you find yourself here craving Caribbean (and don't mind a 10 minute walk or a short bus ride) get your ass to Negril on Brixton Hill - it's damn tasty. If you want a good place in the centre go for Bamoula round the corner from McDonalds.... slow service, good food!
We cheered ourselves up with cake from the tiny shop near Agile Rabbit (can never remember it's name but let me tell you, their 3 tiered orange and courgette cake with cinnamon frosting is moist and DELICIOUS!), on the way back to the weird festival. £5 for a glass of ice with a slosh of cheap red wine with some apple in it (or sangria as the stall called it!) and I got over my bad mood and danced to the madness that was 'Prince Fatty'. We only went to the thing to see Omar if I'm honest (his new album is actually pretty good!), and he turned up late, was stroppy with the sound man, sang for 10 minutes then left! Not impressed.... it was a wash out, and my lovely outfit was wasted on it!

 
 Dress 2X - Domino Dollhouse
Earrings - Gift... no idea where from!
Leggings 20 - Primark
Shoes - United Nude


Sunday
Neck sewn up on my Pocket Rocket cute-as-a-button dress, so took it out for a Sunday roast! I really couldn't be arsed to cook much this weekend, we have eaten out SO much this week!
I added my tiny cassette tape earrings because they match the colours perfectly!
 Yeah.... look at them there in that kitchen cooking up some mega Yorkshire puds! The food in the Florence Herne Hill is always good.
 Greedy bitch!
Jacket 22 - New Look
Dress 24 - Simply Be via Crazy Clearance
Leggings XL - H&M
Shoes - Crocs via TKmaxx

And before I forget....
 I forgot to put this t-shirt in my Primani post because I have hidden it away until December, but Christmas has arrived at Primark! I couldn't resist this £5 tee!
The sale tights I got actually fit quite well and are very soft and comfy. They come up to my waist - Ideally I'd like them to pull up to my bra, but it's more important that they are soft between my thighs... they feel like they won't chafe me! I may have to try the 120 denier feel black tights Primark have at the moment.... they felt super stretchy and super soft but didn't have any XL at the till & I didn't want to queue again!

I'm about to list a ton of items on ebay... I'll put a link up on twitter in case anyone is interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment