Pages

Sunday 10 August 2014

Wardrobe Weekly

Monday
I dunno. This is one of those dresses that everyone else really likes but I'm still not sure about.
I wore it because I wanted to work out if I actually do like it one me. The problem I have is that the under skirt before the sheer black section is so short that it only just covers my arse, so I am constantly worried that everyone can see my shorts underneath. I think I might have to accept that this dress isn't one I'm comfortable in!
Jacket 26 - Simply Be
Dress 24 - Simply Be
Shoes - Primark

Tuesday
this is the first time I've worn this dress to work - I was glad I did as it was HOT on Tuesday evening.
I got these shoes from Primark a while ago and was worried they might rub my feet a bit (pee-toe styles generally do) but they were actually very comfy. Love them!
Dress 22 - Taking Shape
Shoes - Primark


Wednesday
The face that I even managed to put clothes on on Wednesday meant that I achieved something! I woke up almost an hour late so I didn't have time to wash my hair or think about outfits!
As it turns out I kinda like this outfit anyway, even if it was a little hodge-podge! I still love these shoes because they're mega comfy. I was tempted to get the white pair too, but I resisted. If they bring them out in gold I won't be able to resist though!
I really like the fact this top is plain, because I have loads of patterened trousers but hardly any plain tops that aren't t-shirts. I've wanted something a bit more fancy for ages!
Jacket 22 - New Look Inspire
Top 22 - George
Trousers 22 - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - Primark

Thursday
There are a couple of new things here that I have neglected to put on my blog. One is the Dorothy Perkins skirt I got recently (which has sold out from what I can tell) and some new shoes from Primark.
I can't normally get into Dorothy Perkins skirts so I normally don't btohrer ordering them. This one had reviews saying that it was very oversized though, and I decided to give it a go since it was only £7 in the sale. Check it! I would normally take a 24 in non-elasticated skirts, but this size 22 is about the same size as the size 26 skirt I have from Asos Curve! See, worth trying things and very worth reading all the reviews!
The shoes are not from the wide range but they fit my feet really well. Primark points are flexible and wide generally speaking. These are navy and silver but I also got the black and pewter paint. They come in a nude-ish cream colour too which I found it hard to resist!
Jacket 24 - Simply Be
Top & vest 20 & shoes - Primark
Skirt 22 - Dorothy Perkins

Friday
I normally belt this dress, but I was having burgers for lunch so I wanted looseness!
I panicked in the morning abou twhich shoes to wear because the weather forecast rain, so in the end I just went with my gold slippers because I have massive gold hoop earrings on!
Dress XL - Carmakoma
Leggings 22 - South / Very
Shoes - New Look
I'll do a proper post about my whole glasses fiasco asap, but to keep it short and sweet I ordered some prescription glasses online from Goggles4u to see what the quality would be like & I was really impressed! This is my first pair and I've now ordered a range of shapes & sizes (I need big frames / lenses for work!) so I'll show you them all when they arrive!
I'm watching you, Wazowski. Always watching.....

Saturday
I really only got dressed to day because I had 4 massive parcels to take to the collect+ store (so many returns!) but in the end my boyfriend took them for me. That's love that is. Plus I was cooking dinner, so you know, fair do's!
Top 24 - George
Trousers 22 - Crazy clearance

2 comments:

  1. Love your weekly Wardrobe updates, I always really look forward to them coming up on Bloglovin :) I really like that Taking Shape dress on you, it looks great, very cool for a hot day.

    I don't know what the stylists do with the models on the Taking Shape website, but everything looks so frumpy and old, yet when I see the dresses on bloggers, they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Simply Be jacket and the Primark shoes, both silver and T-bar. I am looking forward to the glasses post, I am in the market for new frames :) Val xxx

    ReplyDelete