Pages

Friday 7 March 2014

Oriental flavours

I am trying to balance my love of this ASOS Curve dress with my knowledge that it looks like a dressing gown!
It's a Kimono style and I just had to try it - I've had it in my wishlist since it first came online.
My desire for a oriental print dress has been burning for quite some time. The 1st Curve offering didn't go too well (it was more like a top, see the post here!) and the Grazia dress with the Japanese print from Simply be is £60, so when this one went into the 50% off deal I thought it was worth a try. I don't know what other people will think, but I really like it! It's hard to explain, but I feel super sexy in it. It might be the silky fabric, or the nipped in waist, or the fact that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing much but it could also be precisely that it looks and feels like a slinky dressing gown?! My boyfriend liked it & liked how it felt to touch too, so I guess there is something here!
This is a 24 (the 22 would have been fine, but you know I tend to order a 24 when online shopping if I haven't seen any reviews!) and the fabric is lightweight, soft and silky, shiny and delicious. The colour is less purple than online, I'd say this is a deep blue with a slight purple tone.... very pretty. As you can see it's like a big cocoon dress that has strings to wrap round your waist & tie at the front.
This dress is staying, and I will very much enjoy wearing it with some cute shoes when the weather warms up a bit!
Okay so Oriental in the old fashioned, Art History sense of the word! I get so confused about the sizing of Asos Curve. This is a size 24, and you can see how tight it is on my bust. The thing is that I tried a similar shirt dress (here) from Curve in a size 26 a few months back and it was massive, so I was sure the 24 would be fine. Alas no....
Can you see how tight it is on my arms? Annoying. This dress was also in the 50% off offer, so it was £19, and I really like it... there is a swing feel to it. I want it for summer 'cause it's a super cute shirt dress, so I'm returning it for an exchange just in case the 26 fits..... I'll get back to you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for any kimono style! yours is gorgeous, the colours are beautiful and I really like it on you, sizing is such a pain, I find that even a single store can have wildly different sizings x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love kimono's too, they're just so pretty! Asos is a nightmare with sizing, it's so inconsistent!

      Delete