Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Wardrobe Weekly

Monday
The festive season really is upon us, and my outfit choices are totally based around Christmas time. It's all about lush fabrics and sparkles for me right now.
 It is tricky to get pictures that show the totally awesome sparkle on this skirt, even with a flash (clearly!)
 I always wanted this skirt from Asos Curve, but for some reason I never ordered it. I got it in a size 24 from ebay recently. To be honest I could have done with a 26 cause the skirt is very full, but the waistband is small and not at all stretchy. It's uncomfortably tight so I will probably wear it a little undone the next time I wear it. I hate tight non-stretch waistbands... how am I supposed to sit comfortably? Where is my fat supposed to go?!
 
Cardi 20 - Primark
Skirt 24 - Asos Curve
Tights XL - Primark 100 den
Shoes - New Look

Tuesday
 Velvet please. Crushed velvet! I kept this outfit simple, and just added my new custom made necklace from Black Heart Creatives
Dress 20 - Vintage via ebay
Leggings 20 & boots - Primark
Necklace - Black Heart Creatives custom
 I've never paid a huge amount of attention to Black heart creatives because generally speaking I don't like any slogans on my clothing, but particularly swear words.... it's odd isn't it?! I love swearing (as I'm sure my readers have noticed), but I guess I'm acutely aware of how many people I see on a daily basis who may find swearing offensive? I think that if I wouldn't be prepared to wear something in front of my gran I shouldn't wear it at all (doesn't apply to underwear.... that would just be weird!). Anyway, as I had only really seen bloggers wearing their slogan necklaces I just thought they were not for me..... WRONG! After the BHC talk at plus London I had a chat with Charlotte about the possibility of getting some custom pieces. I won't go into it but Armour has played a pretty massive role in my life for the last 8 years and I have always wanted to have a mirrored Helmet brooch or necklace. I sent pictures and they made me exactly what I wanted. Ahhh man I so LOVE this necklace, it's perfect. They did such a good job for such a bargain price. My colleagues were loving it too! I'll show you the earrings when I wear them.
 Reflective fun. JOY! Thank you Black Heart Creatives, you've made me a very happy bunny!
 I made my first cheesecake on Tuesday night. Bloody delicious and so easy to make. Dunno why I've never done one before.... what a numpty!

Wednesday
 I just thought I'd take this out for a spin as it was chilly. To be honest it's a bit too big for me, but I sort of like it... I think?! I felt a bit braveheart in this get-up but hey, whatever!
Dress 24 - Samya via new look
Boots - Simply Be

Thursday
 I'm sure my followers also follow Mrs Bebe, and will therefore have seen this dress before, but when I saw her in it I had to have it. It's from Topsy Curvy and is described as 'lightweight velvet'. I wouldn't call it velvet, because it really doesn't have the look of velvet, but it does feel amazing. The girls in my office had a stroke and said it had that delicious feel of kid leather or even wet Chamois (shammy) leather. I'd say that was pretty accurate. Very strokeable, whatever it is! They didn't have my normal size (22/24) but this size 20 is fine. It's bodycon, but not in a super-tight way!
 Dress 20 - Topsy Curvy
Tights XL - Primark 100 den
Shoes - Charity shop

Friday
 This is one of my all time favorite dresses. I got it maybe 4 years ago in Primark, back when I was not sure if I could get away with bodycon dresses. This was my first..... I queued for ages to try it on (along with the other version that had snowflakes on it) and I fell hard for this one. I MASSIVELY regret not getting the other version too, but I was trying to be sensible (damnation!). Anyway, It comes out every Christmas, and I don't care that it's tight, and my belly looks big, I think it's really flattering and it's SO COMFY! It's also nice and warm. Isn't it one of the best dresses you've ever seen?! I think it was £15. They've never done dresses like this since, but they really should, because this was a year or so before Christmas jumpers became fashionable again.... can you imagine how fast these would fly off the shelves now?!
 Dress 18 - Primark
Leggings 20 - Primark
Boots - Primark

Saturday

Didn't get dressed!

Sunday
 Day out!
 Ping Pong
 Christmas puddings! (Primark tee / Domino Dollhouse skirt / George cardi)
 Man powered snow globe!



 Lush day. I adore London at Christmas time!



1 comment: