Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Taking Shape part-2

Hello lovely readers! Welcome to the next in my Taking shape series!

I felt the need to try this Eplisse dress when I chose my pieces to review, partly because I liked the roses, partly because it had a hint of tartan, but mainly because it was a bit odd! Vivienne Westwood is quite a regular visitor to my work place and she is pretty much always wearing something like this dress. A bit (dare I say it?!) sack-like and shapeless and I wanted to see if I could pull this look off.....
The answer is NO! My boyfriends reaction to this dress was 'you look mental', which I sort of took as a compliment because that means I sort of did get the Westwood look even if it doesn't suit me!
This is a size 22 and to be honest I would of expected it to be a bit looser - I found it a little tighter than expected on my bust, which may be why the fit just looked a bit bonkers on me (I'm wearing a bra that squishes my boobs down in these pictures!) but hang on now, I don't give in so easily!
I get so bored of belts, sometimes it's okay to not have everything nipped in at the waist yeah? On this occasion however I just needed the definition!
I kind of like this with the belt, it's quirky and unusual, which are both good things in my book!
The pattern on this dress is really lovely, I like that it's asymmetrical!
Oh and did I mention that it's a cotton / silk mix? Lovely fabric, although again, not suitable for the cold British autumn / winter unless you layer it up a bit!
I felt quite stylish in this once I'd added the belt, I sort of felt grown-up too!
by the way, since these pictures I have actually unpicked the pleats on the top section a bit and now my boobs have much more room!
Oh and my last plus point - POCKETS! God I love a good pocket! If you're interested in this Highland rose dress you can get it here from taking shape, and I'll be back soon (well, when next I get the chance to take pictures!) with my 3rd and final review of my Taking Shape dresses!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.takingshape.com/uk/dresses/bejewelled-dress.html?
    This is the only thing i just super loved from the site and basically i'm saved from debating to buy or not as they don't ship where I live.

    ReplyDelete