Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

The matrix

I don't get on very well with white dresses, so as much as I love the baroque print ASOS curve swing dress I bought a last month I just didn't feel very comfortable in it. I wore it to work, and for lunch with my (not officially) in-laws, but I wasn't really sure about it. When I saw the green and black angle print swing dress I was like DAMN! that one is way more me... so I decided to sell my baroque print dress and buy the angle one.

I noticed that the print placement was different on the regular version for this dress, so I ordered and 18 in asos, and a 20 in asos curve to compare. It's too damn cold to get fully changed so the leggings I was wearing today look a bit odd. Please ignore them!

Curve first...

So the Curve dress is the perfect fit. I'm quite tall so it comes to just above my knee, which is my perfect length for a swing dress. The arms are comfy and it's generally very nice. The only problem is that there is a seem down the back which doesn't match up the print properly. It's a bit of a shame, but I knew from the pictures that this might be the case.


The print placement on the regular asos dress is much better I think, but this size 18 is a bit small for me - it's tight on the bust and arms, and so the fabric becomes a little see through so it doesn't swing as much as like it should!. The length is also too short for me. Shame becuase I think the dress looks better with the print like this.
I've decided to go for the curve version because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.... it's more comfortable too and I feel a bit rock chick-ish in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment