Pages

Sunday 14 September 2014

Wardrobe fortnight

Monday
 
Keeping it simple for a Monday where I was not entirely awake! I don't feel like I've lost any weight but this dress feels a bit big for me now. I kind of like it though as it looks a bit more like a smock-dress rather than a skater!
Dress 24 - Rogers & Rogers / Matalan
Leggings 22 - South / Very
Shoes - Asos

Tuesday
I finally wore this big old shirt!
It's comfy and loose.
Shirt XL - George
Jeggings 22 - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - New Look

Wednesday
I wanted to try this skirt again, because I wasn't sure about it the last time I wore it....
I think it's too short for me, because it's so full! Never mind!
Jacker 22 - Dorothy Perkins
Top 20 & shoes - Primark
Skirt 24 - Very

Thursday
So I totally couldn't resist one of these popup bags! I saw them on Deenas blog (here) and waited until payday to buy one. Love it!
Under the jacket is my trusty charity shop dress I got a few years ago. Still love it!
Bag - Popup bags
Jacket 22 - New Look
Dress 22 - Charity shop
Shoes - crocs

Friday - Saturday
I feel like this picture is a good description of my Friday & Saturday. I ate at Yo sushi on Thursday night and got food poisoning. It was freaking rough! I was in bed or in the bathroom for 48 hours and that's all you need to know!

Sunday
I felt much better on Sunday and was RAVENOUS! We went out for lunch so I put clothes on...
Top 24 - Asos
Trousers 20 - Clements Ribeiro Swan for Evans
Shoes - Crocs

Monday again
I've been obsessing over 'Tough Love' by Jessie Ware, and I was feeling really inspired by her new look. She looks almost make-up free and more masculine for this album so I thought I'd try it out since I'm wearing less and less make-up as I get older!
This is a new shirt with little drawings of ladies on it which has a nice loose flow to it. It's also the first time I've worn these shoes, and I'm so glad I snapped them up because they're surprisingly comfortable! They're so good that I just ordered the black version too! They're almost sold out in both colours but they're called 'last kiss' in case you wanna try searching the net for some!
Shirt 24 - George
Trousers 24 - Yours
Shoes - Asos
Jacket 20 - TKMaxx

Tuesday
I thought I'd try the linen skirt out as it was hot on Tuesday. Very comfy!
 I don't know what I'm going to do without these shoes - I'm sure I've worn them so much that they will be in pieces soon, so I hope Primark bring them out again in one form or another - they're brilliant!
How did I live without a denim jacket for so many years? I wear this loads at this time of year, it was such a good investment!
Top 20 - Primark
Skirt 24 - Asos Curve
Jacket 22 - New Look Inspire
Shoes - Primark

Wednesday
It wasn't really cold enough to wear this coat, but I love it so you know, I wore it anyhoo!
I haven't worn this skirt for ages so I decided to pull it out again. Last time I wore it with a red t-shirt, this time I went for yellow. Next time it'll be a blue tee!
My hair was driving me nuts, so I cut it a bit.... it's still too warm for my fringe to be cut back in, but I had to put some layers back in to fight the flatness!
Coat 22 - Asos Curve
Tee & skirt 20 / shoes - Primark
Earrings - Lanzarotte
I HAD to have this coat from George. It is not flattering, but it is utterly soft, warm and delicious. I don't care how big it makes me look because I LOVE it! It's stretch jersey on the inside so it's super comfy!
I got the pink one, but since then it's come out in blue (dammit!) and cream, and it's only £25!
Also, I got these ace Harry Potter themed earrings made - the sign of the deathly hallows, a great way of testing out people for geek levels - by Blackheart Creatives in black glitter.... love!

Thursday
I kept it simple on Thursday because I knew I'd be on my feet all day, at work and out of it!
So this is one of the other shirts I got from George, it's another Barbara Hulaniki piece. Comfy!
Lots of people told me they loved my coat today, dunno what was different about it to the 100 other times I've worn it, but hey, I'll take the compliments!
I ventured down to the new Simply Be store on Oxford Street in my lunch hour so I could have a nosey....
It's not a massive shop so obviously they only stock a small selection of what you can get online, but it is a good selection.
It felt like there were 3 members of staff per customer (seriously I've never seen so many staff in one shop before) but maybe that was just for the opening day?! I picked up a couple of things to try and went downstairs to get away from the (good... but) ear-splittingly loud music!
The store is clean, modern and spacious, and compared to my only other real plus size store's offerings (Evans) there are loads of things here that I would wear! I think I'll find it very handy to try on their trousers / boots / undies!
Lovely changing rooms..... big!
First up I tried the Kelly Brook dress I'm lusting after.
This is the 22 - it's a stretchy almost jersey-ish fabric so I'd say get your own size or size down if you have small boobs because the waist is a bit loose. I lifted my arms so you could see the pretty shape of the dress.
I wish the waist was lower on this, but otherwise it's a nice and very comfy dress. It's not worth £75 though. There were loose threads and the fabric is unlined, so £50 would be pushing it, no matter how pretty it is. I would like to buy this, but only if it goes in the sale!
The pattern is subtle, but very cute!
I then tried on this Lovedrobe dress which I've wanted for ages - it came out over a year ago and has been re-released. Lovedrobe has mad sizing so I tried the 24 first, which was fine on my body but flattened the top section of my boobs (made them flat on top and pointy underneath!). This is the 26 which is loose, but I like it better like this! It clings to my belly, but everything does so I'm fine with that!
This is on my 'maybe' list for my works Christmas Party this year. Again, I might wait for a sale or special offer or something, because it's thick jersey and there were pulls and loose threads all over the embroidery on every dress I looked at so I'm not sure I wanna spend £55 on it. We shall see! I'm in a quandary because this year I'm tempted to go mega girly with a prom-style dress, but I always change my mind by the time it comes around so I'll try not to get over-excited just yet!
Coat & shirt 24 - George
Jeggings 22 - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - Crocs
I thought I'd go and compare the New Look Inspire section across the road from Simply Be.... oh dear. Whoever chooses what goes into this store hates fat people!

Friday
I haven't worn this dress for ages so I thought I'd pull it out again.
I always feel a bit 70's in this, and you know how I like to feel like I'm in fancy dress in my day-to-day life?!
 I didn't plan on wearing leggings but it was a bit nippy in the morning so I just couldn't face a) bare legs or b) rethinking my entire outfit!
The colour of this dress gave me a good excuse to wear these awesome earrings. I bought them years and years ago in Camden market along with some wooden ones, and I still love them. you can find similar earrings on ebay
Dress 22 - Anna Scholz for Simply Be
Leggings XL - H&M
Shoes - New Look

Sunday
I did Fuck-all on Saturday so I wasn't fully dressed at any point! Sunday was a day to venture out though so I put on some basic clothing. When will I learn that 18+ degrees is too hot for jeans?! My legs were on fire, but hey-ho!
Top 24 - Ruby Rocks for Simply Be
Jeggings 24 - New Look Inspire
Shoes - New Look

2 comments:

  1. I really like that Kelly Brook dress on you, and that Anna Scholz; gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Kelly Brook too, but £75 seems a bit crazy at the moment, the only dresses I've ever spent that much on are Anna Scholz and the quality is so much better! The palm print dress is such a classic!

    ReplyDelete