Pages

Sunday 1 June 2014

1940's Parsnips

I am not a morbid person. I don't like graveyards because I forget myself and read the gravestones then get very upset. In fact, the first time my boyfriend suggested we looked around West Norwood Cemetery I got very emotional out of the blue and had to leave.... too many lost loved ones for me to cope with! It's not that I feel disrespectful walking round graves, being an atheist I believe that death is the end and I don't feel for the dead, but I feel for the living who loved them and miss them. Anyway, enough of the death talk, that was a while ago so we decided to try again today. I chose to focus on the beautiful architecture and it's actually a really interesting place to look around. I coped much better this time round!
 It occurred to me that we could take some OOTD shots here as it was such a nice day. We didn't come out to visit a grave yard by the way (that's far too emo for me you know?!) but the Norwood Feast was ram-a-jammed and we hadn't managed to take any pics.
 I put this dress on and decided to go the whole WW2 hog with my hair. I had red lippy on too but my sausage roll seems to have removed it all!
 
I have seen so many *I'm in a graveyard being all melancholy* blog posts.... this is me being a sarcastic bitch and getting all 'I read Edgar Allen Poe' 'cause I'm extremely scathing by nature.
 FYI, I'm quite silly in real life!
 I plaited my hair and pinned it behind my head. I hadn't considered that I just dyed my hair last night so I probably displayed my slightly stained neck and face to everyone in my neighbourhood!
 I love this tree. For some reason it reminds me of New Orleans, surely not the same kind of trees, but anyway.... what a random thought!
 Lovely sunshine! Right, I'm off to start packing for my holiday. I fly out tomorrow, so I'll see you guys on the flip-side!
 Dress - vintage
Shoes & sunglasses - Primark
Sardonic & derisive attitude - my own

No comments:

Post a Comment