Pages

Saturday 25 January 2020

Asos Curve review 2020 #4. Jeans

Most of my jeans are from asos. I normally wear a size 24 in stretch denim (otherwise the waist is too loose and they start to fall down!) And a 26 in non-stretch denim (or they're uncomfortably tight!). So I wasn't at all impressed by the selection I tired on in my recent order. Nothing was quite right and most of them didn't fit so I didn't take pictures, but I'll do my best to describe them!
I was excited about these. I love flares. I think proper flares are really flattering but I also find them super comfy to wear. Waaaay more comfy than skinny jeans! These turned up and they are not even flares, let alone bell flares! I don't know if on smaller sizes they have a flared look, but on me in a size 24 they look like bootcut jeans. I'd rather not have flashbacks of Parsnips circa 1998, so no thanks! Simply Be Phoebe flares were the only proper flared jeans I've ever found and I wish they still made them (and that I'd managed to get a pair in every colour!), alas, simple flares don't seem to be available anymore. Simply Be do actually have some kick flares at the moment, but they're indigo with orange stitching and are a fussy design. Fingers crossed someone brings out some decent flares soon!


Next up. I have been trying to find a decent pair of black wide leg jeans for bloody years! They are always too small, or too short, or too fussy (again with the  massive stitched pockets?!), but I thought these looked promising when they popped up on asos! Alas, I couldn't button up the size 24. I think I assumed that they would have some stretch and be generous due to the wide cut. WRONG! No space for my bum or belly. I'm not entirely convinced that a 26 would fit well either to be honest. Again I have to give props to simply be for being the only plus size retailer I've ever been able to buy wide leg jeans from (Their 24/7 wide leg jeans in size 26 long, just answered my prayers!).
The 26 in these was too small. I can say one thing for sure..... I'm not bigger than the last time I bought jeans from Asos. I'm still wearing those jeans (both stretch and non-stretch!), so what's up with the sizing, huh? Fucking jokes! Oddly shaped because they were incredibly tight on the belly, bum and hips, but the waist fitted nicely. A size up would certainly be too big on the waistband but a better fit on the hips. I guess they're lacking in shape?! Must have been pinned on the model as she is Jessica rabbit levels of hip to waist ratio!
Again.... got a 24 as I stupidly didn't check the Lycra content! Never gonna get these bad boys done up!
On a slightly brighter note, these fit quite nicely in a 24. Tight on the waist but in that sort of 80s way where the waistband is TIGHT but the trousers are LOOSE! I just didn't like the extra flourishes on these. They also made my bottom look flat, and that is not easy to do with a big bum like mine! They just didn't suit me. But if you like this retro style then they're a good pair of jeans :)

These aren't listed as jeans, but they do seem to be a thin, non stretch denim. I didn't keep these because there was a lot of fabric under my belly, which didn't look good when I moved around. They look kinda nice in the pic admittedly!

I think these are very cute and comfy but would certainly be best on someone with a more hourglass shape than me. If you have big hips and a small waist then these will look awesome. I needed a 26 on the waist, but then the rest of the trousers were just too big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment