Pages

Sunday 12 January 2020

Asos Curve review 2020 #3. Wide fit Boots

Okay, so first things first; I know not all Asos Curve customers have wide feet, but It does seem like a lot of fat women find regular shoes too narrow, so I thought it would be worth reviewing my recent purchases!

FYI, To get an idea of what I normally wear, I'm probably a wide size 7 / 41. Most of my pointy boots are a wide fit  size 8. Wide fit with a round toe are size 7. I tend to wear mens trainers and in Nike I'm a 7, in Adidas 7.5. My feet aren't very long but they're basically square(!) and I have a super high instep :)


I got these in a size 8 and they're perfect. Extremely comfortable and roomy enough for winter socks. The 7 would have been too small. I was pleased that these are actually flat. So many boots on Asos have chunky heels that are almost 2 inches (2.5 inches is pretty much the highest heel I can comfortably wear!) and I wanted boots that would be comfy for working and walking. Bingo! Quite lightweight but with firm genuine leather. They have a slightly chisled toe, so it's tapered rather than pointy. They look very smart!


Same as above! Oh and they fit my ankles nicely and don't dig in. The elastic will mean these should fit most people.


I got these in a size 8 and they were a bit too big for me, so get your normal size!. They were very bouncy and cool looking though. The style didn't particularly suit me but I LOVED the colour. They're as comfy as they look. Can't imagine they're very good in the rain though!


The are sooooooo pointed that they crushed my toes too much - even in size 8. God knows how narrow the regular ones are if this is the wide fit! Such pretty boots, looked beautiful on, great quality leather. Loved them but the size of the heel pushed my toes into the point even more so they pinched like hell. Like I said at the start, my feet are square, so it depends where the widest part of your foot is..... if your toes taper then these might work for you. Sadly they didn't work for me :(


These are such nice boots. They look great on, are nice and wide and have a tapered and curved pointed toe, so not pinchy! I got a size 8 and they're ideal for winter as I can wear big socks with them comfortably. If I were a tights and no socks type I'd probably be good in a size 7. The sole is slightly bouncy so they're so comfy. Considering getting a spare pair for when I destroy these (as I surely will, by wearing them loads!)

No comments:

Post a Comment