Pages

Thursday 2 January 2020

ASOS Curve review 2020 #1. More sale stuff

Next batch!

Size 24, Green

I really want a vinyl coat for when it's raining. I have a lush rose gold waterproof jacket, but it's hooded and shapeless so I want a more feminine option. Plus one that covers my thighs would be good for when the rain is particularly mental!
This coat is ace. It looks awesome. But it smells like fish, and anyone who knows me, knows that I can't even abide FISH that smells like fish(!), so I just can't keep this. Gutted really. I tried something similar from pretty little thing and it also smelt like fish. It was also snake print but cream coloured so I don't know if it's something specific to this print and texture? 
It's a generous cut. Really nice fit all over. Sleeves a bit long but I'd be happy of that in a downpour. I'll have to try some of the other pvc / vinyl coats from Curve when they go into the sale. I have some vinyl dresses and none of them smell like fish so I see no reason why all of the coats should!

This dress looks cute on. It's thinner fabric than I had expected so I don't know if it will keep me as warm on the body as I'd need if I'm choosing to wear a turtleneck.
It's comfy and smart. A bit of give to the fabric. It's somewhere between knitted jersey and sweatshirt but with texture. Does that description make any sense at all?! I hope so!

Size 26, multi (it's brown!)

I knew I'd like this coat. It's smart and comfy and pretty and everything I love in a a coat.
I I wish I could get this it in a more exciting colour. I already have a brown coat (quite different to this one admittedly!) But I do like this a lot!
I got the 26 and it's a perfect fit. It will be ideal for wearing over big jumpers without becoming too tight. It has poppers but the sash belt holds it together and they don't open it. It's very comfy indeed.
It's a winter coat but not a thick one. It wouldn't be useful in the depths of winter unless you are wearing really warm clothes underneath. The fabric is firm and smooth. Love it!
Size 20, electric blue (teal!)

Ahhhh that's better! The 20 is a much better fit. Still properly oversized! 
See?! They also have this in the standard range so I think if you normally wear a 20 you could get a 16 from there and you'd probably be fine. And of course if you normally wear a size 30 you could probably wear 2 or 3 sizes smaller easily!
The hips are sewn up to be slightly curved, so the smaller size is a bit shorter and fits my shape a bit better. 

Size 20, Electric blue (take a look at my first review of this to see more accurate colour!)

I wanted to try this dress in a smaller size to see what the fit was like, and I have to say that I think it is definately wise to size down in it. I found the top and sleeves way too big on the 24, but the skirt was still clingy. I figured it would look better if it was actually tight on the bottom and properly fitted on the top. I was right! Much better in a size 20.

Why can't asos make a beige trench or mac with arms that are actually in proportion to the rest of the fucking coat?! Way too tight on the upper arms.

The shoulders slope too much in this for me to want to keep it (I already have an over sized coat this shape!) And I ordered it because on the model the sleeves looked like they actually started on the shoulder. Sadly they don't so the shape is too similar to my other one. I think the 24 might have been a bit tighter on my bum and belly than this style would suit, so it depends on your body shape as to what size will be best for you!
BUT if you're looking for a cool and warm coat then this is less than £40 in the sale and it's really very lovely! It's a tad darker in real life that it looks on the website, but it's pretty. A bit fluffy and coarse while still being soft. If I had more money and more space I'd wanna keep this!

Meh. The fabric is that thin and super synthetic sort that is going to get static and stick to me when I walk. The sleeves are actually a decent fit though! 
Oh and..... gaping. Like I said, meh.
When a picture paints a thousand words, I probably don't need to say much more do I?!

Happy New year my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment