Pages

Monday 29 December 2014

Wardrobe Weekly - A very snotty christmas

This Christmas has been a bit of a wash-out really - I'm happy I got to have my fake Christmas with the other half before I was stuck down by the worst head-cold I've had in years! To think I thought I would be okay after having the flu jab.... this isn't quite flu, but my god it's nasty! Anyway, before the snot came...........

Tuesday
 This is the outfit I wore home, consisting of the dress and boots that my boyfriend gave me for Christmas!
 You may remember that I tried this dress a while back but sent it back because I wasn't allowed to keep loads of my order (sometimes I do think about money and space issues.... sometimes!) but I regretted sending it back because it's so damn cute!
 I knew I wanted the boots because I already have some of these in tan! It was pretty mild at the start of the week so I packed layers!
 Dress 24 - Asos curve (now only £19 typically!)
Boots 7EEE Extra Curvy plus width - Simply Be
Leggings 20 - Very / South
Cardi 24 - George Graduate collection
Earrings - Top Shop / Central Saint Martins

Wednesday - Christmas Eve
 Okay, starting to feel ill now!
 The full awfulness hadn't struck me yet so I got up and got dressed in my planned outfit and tried to get on with the day.
 Basically me, my mum, my sister and my nephew were all ill, and Christmas eve was pretty low key. My sisters bedroom mirrors are ace for pics huh?!
Dress 24 - Deth ditto for Evans
leggings 20 - South / Very
Boots - as above
Earrings - Primark

Thursday - Christmas Day
Totally ill now and feeling both snotty and tired - I can see where one of my eyes was all watery.... that's why one side is curled and the other has gone all straight! BLURGH!
 So my plan was to wear my lovely green velvet dress on Christmas day and a nice prom-style one on boxing day (when my gran was coming round!) but I felt like death so I wore sparkly joggers and a Christmas t-shirt. Thank god I packed them 'cause it was like wearing pyjamas all day.
 Totally see-through, but stretchy and glittery so I didn't actually care!
 I'd developed a couple of teenager style spots overnight, but this is just before my face dissolved into a snotty, red-raw, nose-blowing, chapped lipped, crusty nightmare!
 Gingerbread man earrings. Made a bit of effort!
 Earrings, socks and t-shirt (20) - Primark
Trousers 22 - Dorothy Perkins
 My nephew completely knackered my sister out this Christmas, but if he felt as bad as I currently do then I'm not surprised he cried the whole time. I almost did the same by the weekend!
I got a massive wok and a big flan dish thingy, but  here is the rest of my Christmas gift mountain - I'm such a lucky girl!
 My dad got me, my sis and my mum one of these light-up mirrors with tweezers. I think he's been watching QVC or something. It's handy, but amusing..... I think he wants us to sort out our facial hair!
 My sister bought me this awesome LYDC mini-stachel. Errrrr.... holographic much?! Totally ace.
 It's even more vivid in real life (if you can imagine such a thing!) and I'm well chuffed with it!
 It's a good size for me because it should hold about the same amount as my mini-rucksack. I'm trying not to take big bags out and about with me because it hurts my back, so this is ideal!
 You can get this bag here, but they have other holographic bags too, so check out the whole website!

Friday - Boxing day
 I chose to wear this for lunch with my gran rather than the prom dress because this is more comfortable. Still felt like death warmed-up!
Dress 24 - JD Williams
Jacket 22 - Dorothy Perkins
Boots - Simply be

Saturday - Christmas come-down
 Roughest day so far! Also really cold so thank god I bought my big jumper with me!
 Jumper 20, boots & necklace - Primark
Jeans 22 - Dorothy Perkins


Sunday - Show me the way to go home!
Bless my Mum and Dad, they took such good care of me while I was home, and they really made the best of a Christmas that was put on hold by snot(!). I loved seeing my family and hanging out with my sister, but I couldn't wait to get home to my own bed. I've been in bed for most of today, and every-time I get up to do something and then get back in, I revel in how cosy and comfy it is.... there's nothing like snuggling into your own bed when your ill, and having a partner who tells you you're beautiful even when you look like you've just been dug up helps immensely too! I'll be back soon with a post about my asos curve sale-hauls, but right now I'm getting the hell back into bed and hoping that this bastard cold has loosened it's grip on my sinuses before New Years Eve!
Jumper, jeans & boots - same as above
Earrings - Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment