Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Wardrobe fortnight

I missed last weeks roundup, so this ones is a two-weeker and is therefore massive! If you want to see more regular pictures then follow me on Instagram (plumpparsnip), It's much easier to upload pics to when I'm in low signal areas and I find it less stressful that Twitter!
In case any of my readers want to see what I'm up to, find me on Instragram!

So then, I've been a bit out of sorts recently and I'm only just getting back to normal, plus I've been super busy so this post has taken ages to get done... sorry about that! Stress has been causing me problems but I'm recovering!

Turning my horrible commute (the main cause of my daily dose of stress) into art therapy!

Anyway, I managed to get dressed on most days, so I'll stop whining and get started....

Monday
 Any excuse to wear my lush BHC bespoke necklace!
 You know I love me some vintage gear, and this dress was a bargain I got from ebay last year.
 It's clearly an evening dress, but so are half of my dresses, and I wear them every day none-the-less!
 It matches my lush blue shoes perfectly!
This is how I dress down a posh maxi - with a denim or leather jacket!
Dress - vintage (via ebay)
Jacket 22 - New Look Inspire
Shoes - Primark
Necklace - Black Heart Creatives (bespoke)

Tuesday
 Pulling out a smart dress.
 This is the Anna Scholz dress that I cut the peplum off of.
A red Mac can never be wrong!
Dress 24 - Anna Scholz Black label
Leggings 20 - South / Very
Shoes - Asos

Wednesday
 Wednesday was the day when I nearly cried in the middle of St Pancras station. I had an awful journey to work, and then I was meeting my boyfriend at Croydon Ikea to try out beds after work, and I got the Victoria line all the way to Kings cross (in order to get the train from St Pancras) only to find out after the 10 minutes it takes to get between the stations that every train south were fucked and they wouldn't even let people onto the platform.... bad times. "Get on the Victoria line and get a train from Victoria station". I'd been traveling for 1 1/2 hours before I even got on a train going south! Queue crying on boyfriends shoulder outside of Ikea. Transport was still fucked when we left Ikea and we didn't get home until nearly midnight after a journey which consisted of 2 trams, a train and two buses.
 And to think I felt sad in the morning... this face had no idea that it would soon be cursing and swearing in a international train station!
 At least I had a nice outfit on.
 Love this print
 Anna Scholz at her best.
 The paints peeling off but I don't care!
 Double silk lushness. 
 A trip to Meat Liquor for lunch perked me up! That's not all my food by the way, it's just that trendy burger places refuse to give you a fucking plate!
 Dress 24 - Anna Scholz
Cardi 20 - Primark
Leggings 20 -South / Very
Shoes - Primark
Coat 24 - Boohoo
My friend took this picture of me... told you the burger perked me up! That's what a dead hippie burger will do for you!

Thursday
 After another hideous journey to work (and genuine tears in Pizza Express when my collegue told me she was leaving for a new job) I decided my stress was making my emotional state unusually wobbly so I took Friday off! 
 Love this top and the pattern.
Clashing prints.
Top 24 - Barbara Hulanicki for George
Denim Joggers 24 - Yours Clothing
Shoes - Crocs

Friday
A solo duvet day that I needed VERY badly!
I got dressed very briefly, just into a primark jumper and some crazy clearance / simply be plazzo trousers.

Saturday
 Low-key Saturday!
Dress 2XL - H&M+
Leggings XL - H&M
Shoes - Asos

Sunday
We went to Clapham to try out mattresses on Sunday and thought we would get some breakfast club action while we were there!
My boyfriend always captures my moments of stupidity.
So hoy right now
This sums up the last few weeks frankly.... ARGH!
In the mega Queue for The breakfast club. Not worth it (unless you want pancakes & syrup) in my humble opinion!

Dress 22 - Per una / Marks & Spencers
Coat 22 - Asos Curve
Leggings 20 - South / Very
Shoes - Asos
Glasses - Goggles4U

Monday again
 I'm should have got some better pictures of this outfit because I loved it!
Shirt 24 - Cut for Evans
Skirt 2XL - Domino Dollhouse

Tuesday again
 I've had these trousers a while, but I've only just got round to wearing them since they were a bit too thick for the summer months. They look quite red, but they're more of a deep magenta in real life. I saw them on Kirsty and had to grab a pair!
 The best thing about them is that they come up like high waisted trousers (even if they're not named as high waisted, they are) which is my favourite style of trouser as they actually fit my backside in without giving me builders bum!
A bit of quilted jumpr and dino necklace action!
I have a lipstick that matches the trousers perfectly (which always makes me happy!) from miss sporty!
Jumper 20 - Primark
Trousers 24 - Simply Be
Necklace - ebay
Shoes - Asos

Wednesday again
 I like a dress that is easy to take from summer to winter, and I think I'll be able to wear this one in any season!
 I got so rained on in the morning so I ended up putting my hair up...
 Having brightly coloured soles on my Asos boots makes me SO happy (can you tell?!)
Dress 22 - Asos Curve
Cardi 20 - Primark
Necklace - P
Leggings 20 - Primark
Boots - Asos

Thursday again
 Super casual day.
 I start messing with my hair when I need to cut it!
 Super shiny pumps!
Super old necklace with coins on it. This was a gift from my old pal Helen from maybe 15 years ago!(it was a bracelet but I tuned it into a necklace!).
Jumper 20 - Primark
Jeans 22 - New Look
Shoes - Primark

Friday again
 Classic dress!
 I was going for a swim after work so I wore my hair up and I always think this dress looke nice with an up-do as it has well structured shoulders!
 Totally awesome boots!
 These earrings are a cool old pair that I had forgotten about!
 After a swim my hair always goes oddly shiny!
 I went for some dumplings and decided that I'd had such a good day that I'd go and watch my boyfriends gig....
 What is it about watching someone play an instrument that makes them so attractive?! That's my Lush jazz hands on the Keyboard.
Dress 24 - Barbara Hulanicki for George
Leggings 20 - Primark
Boots - Asos
Earrings - Silvershake

Saturday again
 I didn't manage to take any proper pics, but this is my old asos curve matrix dress!
 So I cut my fringe back in (clearly) and now I have to wear makeup again, otherwise I look like Dudley Moore.... I always forget that about fringes! Nevermind! Cold day so I'm in my weekend uniform (jumpsuit) just layered up!
Jumpsuit 2XL - Forever 21+
Cardi & slippers - Primark

2 comments:

  1. I think that journey to work and to/from IKEA would've made anyone cry. What a nightmare! I swear time goes so fast, it feels like days between these posts and 2 weeks have gone. Madness! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue maxi dress is fabulous - another awesome eBay score from you! And that mixed prints dress in black and white with the purple/red print? What a cool piece!


    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete