Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Asos curve review 2020 #12

Today's post is about comfort!


So I tried the 24 in this dress and although I've decided it's not for me, I am sure this could be perfect for some other plus size beauties! Plus it's so cheap in the sale! I suspect that if it wasn't black then I would have kept it! very comfy thanks to the stretchy skirt and batwing sleeves



I tried the 28. Something I didn't realise when I tried the 26 was that this is very static! No good having an oversized shapeless jumpsuit if it sticks to your legs! 



Now this is more like it! This is what I wanted from an oversized jumpsuit! 


Pockets and adjustable straps. I got the 26 because jumpsuits like this have traditionally been too short for my body and sizing up helps. It's properly oversized so the 24 would have been fine. It's a soft linen and is super comfortable. Love it. Hope they make it in more colours as I suspect this will sell out very quickly indeed!


See how happy this colour makes me?!




Last but definitely not least, this city chic soft bra is awesome! My day to day bras are all city chic. I fucking hate bras that have thin backs because they roll up and cut into me. City chic don't. Anyway I never really wear non-wired as they don't give me good shape or support, but this one is cute and I think it's gonna be great to wear at home in this (frankly too bloody hot!) Weather! I normally wear a 44DD but got the 44C/D and it's totally fine.... would certainly fit bigger breasts than mine!. It's a lovely set. Oh and ps, the pants are worn over another pair of pants on the model, they don't have two layers of fabric in reality ;)



Like I said, City Chic are my boobs boo's! So I liked the coral non-wired bra and therefore figured I'd try one of their other bralettes. This one is less structured and therefore even more comfy. Love it. I got the L which says size 20, but I think it would be pretty big on 20. It's not massively tight on my back and I'm a size 24/26 on top normally (42/44 back depending on brand!), so if you have a small back then it might be worth sizing down. It's a retro fit on the boobs so unless you are very busty you should still get the Marilyn pointy look without overspill. I'm sure I don't need to explain the stickers but obviously the hearts aren't on the bra, right?! I put them on the photo to cover my nips ;)



So here is the thing, asos mistakenly put photos of the blue bralette (above!) On the listing for this cobalt bra, but I love city chic and thought I'd see what the actual bra was like. It's lush! Super soft lace, wired, non-padded bra in a stunning colour. Annoying that there aren't matching knickers but I like to mix and match anyway, so who cares?!. Great sizing. Spot on as per usual.



Scuba can be the most comfy fabric if it's not too hot. Super stretchy but allows for very cool sculptural designs. I love this dress. If it didn't highlight my double belly so much I'd certainly keep it (and wear it with a strapless bra of course!)


Always size down in scuba dresses because they're so stretchy. This is a 22 and bigger would have been too big on the top to stay up. Great on the bum. If you either don't mind lots of visible belly or have a different shape to me then this is truly a show-stopper! I don't wear shapewear because I like to be comfy, so this is just a bit too belly-in-your-face for me. If it had a pattern I defo would keep it!




Last up, I wanted something glam to flounce around the flat in. This wasn't it though sadly. Trousers are pretty cute (non stretch but comfy) and have an elasticated waist. The top however is stupidly small. Both size 26 but wouldn't hold my boobs so it's going back. If you have a smaller back or bust than me though, this outfit would definitely flounce-worthy!



Let's finish on a high note! This is a cracker of a dress. It's sort of perfect for lock-down or working from home because although on it's own, it looks pretty vampy (and I like to remind my partner just how foxy I can look sometimes) but it's also mega comfy, so I spent a lot of yesterday just lounging around in it, cooking, eating, playing games as well as posing and being a little strumpet! Best of both worlds right?! I actually have a very similar dress from asos. Black with a round neck. I assumed this would also be Jersey fabric but it's a bit more synthetic than that. Still nice, just a surprise! This is a size 24. It's super stretchy so pretty flexible size-wise! Adjustable straps too, so you can choose how low you want the neckline.



No comments:

Post a Comment