Pages

Thursday 18 March 2021

Face - Lottie London, Glossier, The Ordinary

 Man, the search for a light coverage foundation and a decent under eye concealer is TOUGH! I thought I might as well share some of the products I actually like after trying sooooo many!

P's, Generally speaking I'm a light-medium or medium depth in foundations and a peachy tone.


Re primer; Everyone has a primer, even if they don't actually use it! No primer (no matter how raved about or cult) ever seems to have helped my make up stay on or stay flawless so I'd rather not add even more stuff to my skin! When it comes to powder, it's used almost entirely to set felt tip pen eyeliners and that's it. I never ever want a matte face! So I'm not going to talk about those products because they're not really part of my daily routine!


My every day makeup drawer. Let's talk about it!


Let's not pretend that any tweezers are as good as tweezerman, ok?! They are brilliant and last for a loooong time.

Lottie London velvet skin tint

This is a recent discovery. The older I get, the less coverage I want. Heavy foundation just doesn't sit well on my skin, so I tried the glossier skin tint and it was beyond sheer on me. I want light coverage but not no coverage! I thought I'd give Lottie London velvet skin tint a go and I really like it. Sadly the shade range is crap, but I just bought two and mix them to get the right shade!

Lottie London velvet skin tint

It really does have a velvety texture and it's really easy to use. Light coverage and dewy but not too shiny. It really is a great product and I hope they extend the shade range.


Concealer for my under eyes has always been a fucker. Even more so now that I have more lines. I can't do heavy or dry concealer.
I also can't do pink toned and super light concealers. That's why I didn't go for the cult Becca under eye corrector. It only comes in two shades, one of which is too light and too pink. The other is the right shade but is too dark. So spending £21 didn't seem sensible! I recently tried this revolution conceal and fix.


This stuff is intense. It's thick and pretty full coverage. Dryish but not overly drying. I'd wear this for full on night out makeup, but it's also helpful in a thin layer underneath other more dewy or sheer concealers. Also good for concealing blemishes as it's genuinely very thick! You only need a teeny tiny bit. Also has a decent shade range and isn't too pricey. The swatches are rubbish though because they don't include the shade names (WHY?!), but I think they are a bit lighter in reality than on the swatches. This golden sand is really bright under my eyes and Tan is the right shade for my face right now, but in spring / summer I think I'll be using Tan under my eyes and Deep tan on my face.


 The Glossier stretch concealer is my best friend though. Many would find it too shiny and glossy, but give me shiny over flaky and dry any day! I have a few different colours. One that's light and for my full face of hardcore makeup moments, one that's just a bit lighter than my skin so it's brightening under my eyes, and one that's for all over my face ( or under my eyes when I'm a bit tanned!). If it was cheaper and easier to get out the pot I would use this as both foundation and concealer. If glossier ever make this in a stick I will 100% move over to full face of stretch concealer!


Cloud paint is perfect. Blends like a dream. Seems like it would be too intense but then just melts into the skin and looks surprisingly natural!


Beam on the apples for rosy cheek days, dusk under my cheekbones for vixen days.


I like aerosol setting spray and the Morphy one is expensive! Was happy to find that kiko also have them! Nice and easy finish that doesn't feel wet at all.


Easiest and best eyeliner. Not the longest lasting but doesn't bleed out or get into my sockets. I'm also writing a big blog post about my eyeliners because I have loads, but this is my desert island eyeliner!


Scrub 'em then moisturise 'em! Sugar plum fairy lip scrub is a seasonal product but Lush have a great range of edible and excellent sugar scrubs like this one here. Lip service balm for hardcore hydration and rose lollipop for kissing and smelling like sherbet! I'm defo going to do a lipstick post with my favorites at some point.

Lottie London velvet skin tint

This is my every day makeup. Lottie skin tint on my face, glossier stretch concealer under my eyes and cloud paint on my cheeks. L'oreal liner, lush lip balm and a spritz of kiko setting spray. It's a light coverage in the hope that I look mostly natural.... the best version of myself in other words! I had a couple of lovely spots on my forehead, and I don't use much product up there (just enough to even things out!) but it's helpful to show you that it's a nice light foundation while not so sheer that it's just a tint! And the glossier stretch concealer is pretty effective huh? Shiny too, but I like that about it.

Now then. It's only fair to show you the other foundation I like!


This is an odd little bottle. The Ordinary serum foundation has actually become a staple. It's serum but also somehow has more coverage and is drier than other foundations I've tried. It goes on very easily and is thin in consistency, but is a decent medium coverage.... so this is my fancy foundation!


It's a good foundation but it's hard to describe. Its almost like face powder mixed into a liquid! So if you have dry skin this one might FEEL nice, but it will stick to your dry patches and therefore might not be for you. But combination skin like mine seems to like it! I use a more glowing setting spray for this (currently the kiko wonder woman one, but previously a barry m one!). Again, not a great shade range so I've got two that I mix. It's a great price point so I'm happy to have two on the go at the same time! Needs a vigorous shaking before every. Single. Use! That will be obvious when you look at the bottle. Also, be aware that it oxidises massively! So you may think it looks light on first squirt, but the colour will change quite dramatically so trust the official swatches! 

This is The Ordinary serum foundation, glossier stretch concealer and glossier dusk cloud paint under my cheek bones. A bit more full coverage!

I am aware that my camera phone doesn't show much difference between the foundations so I'll just say this. My top picks for a natural look on my 39 year old skin is Lottie London velvet skin tint and glossier stretch concealer, that's honestly all you need. But TWIST! Garnier tinted BB cream is what I use in hot weather when I just want to even my skin out and have a bit of SPF, but don't want to wear proper make up!

No comments:

Post a Comment