Pages

Sunday 7 March 2021

Asos with a hint of New Look


Happy Birthday to meeeeee! I decided that even though I wasn't going anywhere, that was no reason not to get dressed up. I knew this dress would be mine. It cost an arm and a leg (even on sale and with a discount code on top!) But I am famously a Rose Gold obsessive and have been for about 20 years! That's right. I loved Rose gold before it was fashionable or easy to buy. Honestly, I used to order big rose gold plated hoop earrings from from a company based in America! Ahhhh Silvershake used to sell the best huge hoop earrings, I was devastated when my massive rose gold ones broke after years of wear. Never found any as big or thick that don't cost a small fortune. I can't fathom why they stopped selling their XL hoops but anyway. That was a lovely lil' trip down memory lane huh?!


What I'm trying to tell you is that the moment I saw this dress I knew it would end up in my wardrobe. It had to be mine. Technically its a rosy blush pink dress with a metallic silver coating, but as you can see, the over all effect is rose gold and its lush. Totally lush! This is the 24 and it's a good fit. Biggest size they do annoyingly. Okay if you wear a bigger size but have a smaller waist than bust and hips - which are both pretty free-size - but the waist isn't stretchy.

I felt very glamorous in this, even though I had an eye infection at the time so couldn't wear eye makeup (always a dark lippy to compensate in such circumstances!)


This is one of those tops that will come in super handy in spring. It's stretchy and soft Jersey. Generous in size. Love the sleeves!


These were in the mens section, but they CALLED to me! The wide fit in my normal size turned out to be bloody perfect!


Normally when I try mens boots from asos they're way too small on the ankle. These are tight but also stretchy so they work. They're also rather hard to get off lol, but they'll be better after a few wears I reckon!


The sole is so bouncy and comfy. Mould to the foot really well. The toe is obviously awesome and the width is great.


 Also available in other colours. In fact, if you don't need a wide fit, you can get these in a fabulous pastel green or hot pink. Both of which I was pissed about not being able to get in wide fit!


This is the size 24. Ridiculous. Nice soft and flowing fabric (the kind that shrinks in the wash!) But really. Doesn't work for me! Fyi, I ordered a 20 for comparison but it was too short in the body and a nightmare to get into. It still looked clownish. 


Errr yes please! I am digging Asos making stretchy and comfy jumpsuits that I can relax in! 


In the sale and super cheap right now. So comfy. Really loved this. Can sit crossed legged and everything! This is the 24 and I wouldn't go smaller due to having to pull it on over my big bum. Not sure the seams are strong enough!


Does draw attention to the old vag but I care not! Oh one thing to mention. Asos keep describing this fabric as textured jersey. That's misleading as it is not a soft and comfy fabric like jersey. I've never felt Jersey like this and I don't think anyone would think this felt like jersey. It's a bit rough. Not so much as to be uncomfortable, but certainly a bit scratchy compared to regular Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment