Pages

Monday 16 November 2020

Off Piste 2020 #6 Boohoo plus part 2

The bits I'm not keeping! All size 26 FYI.


Pink version of the blue one I kept. Still cute, just not the most flattering colour on my skin tone!


I didn't actually order this dress, I ordered a pink tie dye version but I suspect they've put the wrong photo on the site as it looks like the pattern from the khaki version and the dress I wanted is also here. This was a bit of a thin and super stretchy jersey, so I found it a tad delicate and clingy. 


Lovely dress this one - Love the arms and neckline and it's a super soft stretch jersey fabric. Ass you can see though, on me, it's very short indeed! Too short, even with leggings. For women of an average height and below, I recommend it. For taller ladies like myself? Nope! Unless you like it as a top or enjoy flashing your bottom to the world!


This was crazy short. Also a much more synthetic and firm fabric than the other tie dye dresses I tried. Not for me.


So firstly, every image on the Boohoo site is too bright, so all the clothes turned up looking much darker than I was expecting. this dress is cute. I liked how it looked, but I didn't like how it felt. Very synthetic slightly itchy fabric. Reminds me of vintage 70's dresses. It has a tie on the back so I have it done up pretty tight as I don't like my shoulders looking super wide!


Speaking of wide shoulders.... This dress is silly. The neckline in mad and the shoulders are far too wide! It's also not satin. Not even slightly satin!


I mean this is a damn cool dress. Not heat-wise, because velvet is HOT. I love it but I'm not going to keep it because I know I just wont wear it. I struggle with velvet if it's not very breathable, and this obviously isn't as it cover so much. Love it though!


Same as above!


I REALLY struggled with this dress, because I love it. I would have had to wear a plunge bra (obviously!) and would have sewn the bust up a little bit, but I decided not to keep it because I didn't feel like it was quite me! It felt a bit young for me. I adore the colour and wish there was a more slinky dress in this exact fabric, but the girlishness of the design, combined with the pink, just didn't feel quite right for me. If it had been as bright in real life as it looks on the website I wouldn't have been able to resist keeping it, but alas, just wasn't quite working for me. Tempted to try the black version though!


I was quite excited about this one, but the proportions just aren't right on me. Too wide at the top but too short in the body (the elastic isn't quite under my bust!). As you can see, this one arrived with a bit of the print missing on the shoulder too!


Same as above! On the plus side this is decent jersey fabric, so if you have a higher bust line or you're shorter than me then this might be good for you! I didn't need a 26 and I suspect the 24 would have fit my shoulders better, so go for your usual size.


This is the short version of the midi I kept from my last post and the only reason I didn't keep it, is because I preferred the long one. I do really like this one too. It's the same soft sweater fabric and it's super comfy.

They also have this in grey. I certainly would have kept it if I hadn't been swayed by the midi sweater dress!


No comments:

Post a Comment