Pages

Saturday 3 July 2021

Boohoo Plus

 Boohoo had a few really awesome things in the plus range, so I had to make a little order and try things out!

This is a crinkle fabric and I liked it. I didn’t keep it, but I liked it! Size 26.


It has an elasticated waist  and nips in under the bust really nicely. There are two flaps at the front that you can position in a few ways. The shoulders can be worn Bardot style as well as over the shoulder.


The low side is a bit of a problem for me, just because my bras are pretty big so you’d always see them.


Over all though, it’s a lovely dress and I recommend it!

It’s obvious that I’m into this one right?


It’s a sort of textured shell fabric with a bit of stretch. Nice and soft. Not horrifically static and nice and thin, so perfect for warm weather. This is the 26. The 24 might have been a better fit but it had sold out. I figured that I would want a bit of space anyway!


So it has a nice tie on the bust which allows you to control how loose or tight the top is.


Elasticated waist and tie sleeves. Super comfy. The only downside was how wide the shoulders were, so i did a bit of sewing….


…. Very basic sewing!


It makes it a bit more fiddly too get in and out of because it makes the opening to the jumpsuit smaller, but it looks much better now as the proportions look a bit more equal!

I was sooooo excited when I saw this!


Oh my god I love it! This is the 28 but the 26 was actually a great fit. I decided to keep this because I knew I’d want to close the bust up a bit and l wanted extra room.


The legs are so gloriously wide and fabulous!


So then, this jumpsuit took some work to adjust. It was clearly made for a giant as the legs were insanely long! I think I’ve taken them up at least 3 inches and they’re still hitting the floor (deliberate so I can wear heels with them!). Bearing in mind that I’m a bit under 5’8” I’d say that the legs will need hemming for 99% of people who buy it.


The fabric is medium weight and smooth, has some stretch but is shell like without the texture.


I can’t wait to wear this one. It feels too fancy for every day wear, but I really look forward to the right occasion.

Another thin stretch shell fabric.


Not designed to be worn with a bra sadly. 


It’s a bit of a confusing dress really because it’s midi, has sleeves and is quite structured and tailored so it looks smart. Then it has this insane low neckline that is basically gonna let your norks hang (or pop out if you’re lucky enough to have firm or perky boobs!) out so it looks like a sex dress!. 


There’s no way to sew it up and I hate wearing vests under a dress…. Both in terms of comfort and how it looks. I really hate how it looks!


This is a 26 and I really loved the print, colour and style so I tried my bra with the shallowest cups that I own. Like just covered the nips sort of bra, and it was still hard to hide the cups.


Plus it still looks like a sex dress if you can see the underwires! I sent it back, but I was gutted about it!


This 26 was actually a bit too big for me. Nice thick and stretchy satin. Like the colour!


The length just doesn’t suit me. If this came in a midi version I’d have been straight online ordering it in a 24!


Cute vests are always handy for work. With smart trousers they can still look very chic.


It’s non stretch and has adjustable straps. Size 26. Decent length!


I really like this!


Obviously I had to have these didn’t I?


Neon red / pink!


And these were also too cute to pass up. All in all this was a pretty satisfying haul. Boohoo are inconsistent but sometimes they really smash it!

No comments:

Post a Comment