Pages

Saturday 28 December 2019

ASOS Curve review 2019 #6. Sale stuff

Seasons greetings! I couldn't resist trying some of the sale items in my wish list.

Please note.... I didn't have anywhere to put my phone that doesn't take photos from quite a low angle, so these aren't the greatest shots! Hopefully they show the shape of the clothes well enough to be helpful!

Size 26, white

Wearing white is tricky. I'm 100% likely to sit on something or brush against something that will mark this on the first wear and never wash out. I'm keeping it anyway because I like it and it's got loads of pockets!
It's almost a maxi on me. It's very soft fabric that is heavy and falls nicely. I'm sure the 24 would have fit me (the arms are very comfy and it's designed to not be cut too close to the body), but it would have been a bit tight when I sit down.

Size 24, electric blue (it's actually turquoise!)

Next up is this oversized crushed velvet dress. I saw someone wearing this on the tube and realised that I'd bought the wrong velvet dress...... I kept the smock dress in a similar colour and I know I'm gonna end up selling it because I like this one better (with a few caveats!)
This is TOO oversized! It's not straight up and down, so the curved shape makes it look a tad odd on me (I'm going to order it in a size 20, which I'm absolutely sure will still be oversized!) It's comfy stretch velour and I think I will love it with my hair up, big earrings and over the knee boots.
This fabric is a bit thin and sheer for my liking. It's quite synthetic but it's also quite cute. It's generous and has stretch. Extremely good for busty ladies as the top is pretty wide. It's a long midi on me. Probably a maxi on the average lady.

Size 24, sand (this colour is actually much more of a nude)

I'm genuinely pissed off by this one. It's very oversized on the model, so I ordered a 24. It's not oversized at all in reality. It's very tight on the arms and bust. The pockets are stupidly high. It's stupidly short. ANNOYED!

I don't know why I ordered this in a 26. I would need a 24. It's pretty true to size and it's thin sweat fabric. Super comfy.... would have been good for Christmas had it fit a bit better! Sleeves are stupidly long again though!

This jumpsuit is cute, but even with the straps at their longest it's still too short in the body for my freakishly long torso. It's a real shame as I love the shape and print. It's a lightweight crinkle-like fabric but very soft. Would certainly have kept this if it didn't give me a camel-toe and pretzel my back up! (I tried the 26 too and it was too big for me width-wise)

Speaking of stupidly long sleeves. Ffs Asos! Who are you making these clothes for?! I'm tall and they're long on me!
Oh and more fake pockets. Thanks. Really helpful!
On the plus side, it has pockets on the bust which are very sizable and sturdy and you can pull the sleeves up a bit. The fabric isn't stretchy so I sized up. 24 would have been a bit uncomfortable on the waist I think.

Last but not least, is this lovely little dress. I got it for £18 and wore it on Christmas day because.....
A) it's pretty 
B) it's stretchy
C) it's warm
D) it's comfy

I got it on a 26 because I didn't realise it would be stretchy! A 24 would have been fine to be honest.
Now the rather massive downside (that I discovered after a few hours wear). It dyed my skin blueish-black in a big way..... the way some indigo jeans have in the past. It also dyed the white tub blue during my bath and I had to scrub it off. I was still scrubbing it off my armpits for a few days. A real pain frankly. I'll put it in the wash with some other dark items when I'm home, and I imagine the embroidery will be a very different colour afterwards. LAME!
I hope you had a merry Christmas and I wish you all a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment