Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

ASOS Curve review 2019 #5. Denim.

Size 26, blue

Lordy this dress is so cool.
I love denim dresses, but it can be tricky to find the right style and fit. I went nuts when I saw this dress.... it felt very "me" indeed! I knew (as with all ASOS curve denim dresses) that I'd need a 26.
Okay so the good bits. Love the length. Love the corseted waist. Love the thick denim. Love the colour. Live for the stupidly big sleeves. It has lots of pockets!
The problem is that Asos clearly lost their minds while making this dress.... because it has poppers. Yep! A corseted non-stretch denim dress, with fucking poppers! FOR FAT PEOPLE! I cannot be the only person who sits down and fills the clothes more than when standing?! I tested it's strength. Sat down..... okay okay, seems secure. Sat down at speed. Okay interesting, still fastened shut. Decent poppers. But the big test. Putting boots on! POP POP POP! Belly exposed. GOD DAMN IT! Oh and it smelt gross, but got less vinegary as time went on! I sent it back with great sadness. The 28 was too big and looked rubbish on me.

Sad. Face.

Size 26, black

A size 26 dress with a size 20 upper arm. Meh.
This dress is very up and down indeed. No shape, but really quite nice. Casual but still quite smart. If you like a straight cut and you have thin arms then this is a good option. I wish it had fit because I think it's a good wardrobe staple.

Size 26, orange

Stupid white balance. It was a grey day but wow! Anyway, I liked this dress a lot. Love the cut, love the colour, love the length of the sleeves. Nice thin non stretch denim. BUT......
FAKE POCKETS?! REALLY ASOS?! WWWWHHHHYYYYY?????!!!!! GIVE WOMEN POCKETS! It is madness to sew on massive pocket flaps and then not include actual bloody pockets! It ruined this dress for me. I just can't. 

I like how it looks on me but I was too annoyed to keep it. Men get pockets. Women deserve pockets too. I don't care about ruining the lines. Kiss my fat ass sexist designers!


A 26 really shouldn't be this tight on my boobs. I have a wide back yes, but my breasts aren't big compared to my body. They're very much in proportion. 
On the plus side, I like the cut generally speaking and the arms actually fit my enormous arms! 
Busty ladies are going to have issues with this dress, but if you are bigger on the belly and hips, but smaller on top, this might be a winner for you.


Size 26, yellow


I have never tried liquor n poker clothes so I assumed they'd be small (normally the case with random brands that Asos sell!) But actually, similar sizing to asos own brand denim skirts I'd say (24 would be too tight!).
Size 26, mid blue

I tried two. Both thin and soft denim. It feels like it will loosen up a bit after wearing it too. It's very comfy.

The camera on my phone is a bit shit. Sorry about that! Anyway, this dress is actually rather cute. If it wasn't white I'd keep it (I'd destroy it instantly I'm sure!). It's non-stretch and thin but firm denim. I like the shape and the neckline. The only downside is the classice American footballer shoulder span! Far too wide. I'd have folded a section of the shoulder and sewn it up under the collar if I'd kept it. You don't need that much shoulder when there is a puffed sleeve attached to it!

I also ordered this white dress and received (no joke!) A size 16 dress with a size 26 label stuck to the inside. Clearly a mistake in the factory. I don't know if it's a problem with all of them or just the one I got, but sadly I can't review it!

No comments:

Post a Comment