Pages

Tuesday 10 December 2019

ASOS Curve review 2019 #4. Dresses.


This is very much my kind of dress. It's a sexy while at work dress for me. It's so rare to find dresses like this with full length sleeves! It's non stretch shell-like fabric. On the downside, its a tad static (fine with leggings, tights might be tricky). On the plus side the neck is lovely, the colours are cute and the pattern is nice too. I do love a good non-stretch wrap dress!
So I was quite sure this would run small. I actually ordered a 26 and 28, but I opened the 28 first and found it very comfortable so I kept it. Didn't bother trying on the 26 for a few reasons..... firstly the arms were comfy and had a bit of room. 26 would have been a bit tighter and therefore less comfy. Secondly, I wanted to wear it to work, and the bigger size allowed me to wrap it tighter and further round, so it covered my cleavage. Handy! I am sure the 26 would have fit, but it would have been a bit low cut.
Hard decision to send this one back. I love it, but I also know I am no good with high necks in summer and no good at 3-4 sleeves in winter! 
Lovely light fabric. Big pockets. Proper midi. Generally generous all over so it's properly oversized. 

Oooohhhh this dress is TIGHT! I don't really know how to describe the fabric?! It's stretchy but thickish and a bit scratchy. Not very smooth. But it holds it's shape quite well so feels like wearing spanks! 
I mean..... that ass though. Good bum dress it seems!
I much prefer this with the sleeves rolled up as batwings never really floated my boat. I sent this back because it's very tight on the hips and belly and I think a 26 would be more comfy. If it ends up in the sale again I'm having it!
This is a missguided sweater dress. The colour isn't particularly exciting but its so comfy. I'm certainly going to wear this a lot because sweater dresses are my (start of winter before it gets REALLY cold) go-to at this time of the year. It's nice to have one with a waist!
I had no idea what the sizing would be like, so I went for the 26. I didn't need to size up with this dress. 24 would have been fine. A 22 probably would have fit nicely too, but might have been too short!. Kept it!

No comments:

Post a Comment