Pages

Saturday 7 December 2019

ASOS Curve review 2019 #3. Coats

I really want a bright or patterned winter coat.... I'm very bored of muted winter clothes! So many of my jumper and sweater dresses are black or grey or beige. My workplace is pretty cold, so I need to wear warm stuff, and I wanted a nice coat to chuck on over the top that is a bit show-offy!

What is it with Club L? Their sizing is all over the place! This coat is so over-sized on the top compared to the bottom. And let's be honest, it looks like a dressing gown. A shame really as the fabric is actually rather nice and soft.

No. Very much no.

Please forgive the mess in my room that you're about to see... I had to snap these at speed before doing my returns and I've had a busy week! Plus I'm a slattern sometimes, lol!

Size 24, Pink (according to the website, but nope, it's very pale mauve!)

I'm trying to decide how I feel about this coat. The neck is so big that if feels a bit odd, a bit Harry Hill-ish! BUT it's also kinda cool. A tiny bit itchy but very warm and I like the large pockets and sash belt. If I had space I would probably keep it for quite specific outfits (never with my hair up because of the sloping shoulders!), but alas..... space is very limited!


I just don't know why this doesn't work for me! It's sort of perfect but It also feels wrong. I don't like the epilets. If they weren't sewn on so securely I'd cut them off because the coat itself is so busy, it really doesn't need additional detailing! On the plus side it is so warm and the fabric is soft and lovely! It's a heavy coat and generously sized. It's just too big. Not just in terms of size but also in cut. I'm a fair bit taller than the average woman so it's odd that the sleeves are sooooo long on me. It would also be maxi length on some women (midi on me). A lot of women would be swamped by this even if they downsized. I've requested the size 22 to try but Asos always just give me a refund rather than an exchange for some reason.... even when they have the alternative size in stock. Not gonna re-order it for a much higher price now the black Friday sale is done! What am I, a fool?! No mam. 


I like this coat a lot. It's a bit more lightweight than the pervious coats, but the cut and colour is lovely. Sadly there are no fastenings (which annoys me, I don't want a winter coat opening up as I walk or sit down etc!) and it's far more generous on the top than on the hips, so to wear it comfortably I'd need a 26. Not sure if the 26 would look as nice on the shoulders and bust though?! I really don't know why so many coats are designed for women who have American Footballer shoulder spans but American Girl Scout bums and hips?! Give me an A-line swing coat over that shit anyday!

Oh well. Back to the drawing board. I will have to wait for the next sale now huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment