Pages

Saturday 1 August 2020

Asos curve review #13 2020

If you'd have told me a few years ago that I would buy a bikini, I'd have laughed in your face. It's annoying really, because I have a long torso and so many swimsuits are far too short in the body for me. A bikini would help with that issue, but as confident as I am, I do have a blind spot. My body shape and the rolls of fat I have do not lend themselves to separates. Its fine for undies because anyone who gets to see me in those has been carefully selected(!) But in terms of being out and about? I'm not keen on having my love handles flapping around in the breeze. It's not just about how I look though, it's about not feeling physically secure. Hard to explain but I shall try!


The tide has turned with bikinis. There is an impressive selection nowadays and it's possible to get REAL high waisted bottoms. Not ones that say high waisted and then just come up to the belly button, ones that totally cover your arse and belly. The issue I've had is that they're often so high in the leg too. I know that most women consider pubic hair to be a nuisance that needs to be removed, but I love pubic hair and my 70s bush needs a low leg! I've seen tons of bikinis on asos that I've loved, but when I've seen how much crotch is on display I've been put off trying any of them. And then I saw this beauty!


Kind of perfect. Firstly I adore yellow as it's such a happy colour. Secondly it's very high-waisted and relatively low legged. Bikini line might be safe?! THIRDLY the top has an awesome back that can handle and contain my back fat. Winner!


I tried the 24 first as that seems to be the size I need in swimwear. It was surprisingly generous. I felt like my boobs might pop out of the top and my bush and belly might pop out of the bottoms.... not much, but enough to think that maybe this set was too loose, so I ordered the 22.



It's so cute! I kinda love it. It's good for me step outside my comfort zone. I've beaten a few of my body hang-ups out of myself over the years. Bikinis are now dealt with!

No comments:

Post a Comment