Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2020

Off Piste #4.

 Let's start with the bad.....


I read the review for these jeans from Simply be and it said they were too small. So I ordered the 28. And they were too small. Uncomfortably and horribly small. Once, again.... a size 28 was too small. Ridiculous! For some reason I hadn't clicked that they had a big old seam down the middle of each leg, so even if they had fit I'd have sent them back. I don't like lines down my legs, they never sit straight thanks to my big thighs!



I've wanted a shirt like this for yonks! I've tried a few and they've never been quite right. often they're oversized at the top but taper so much that they're then tight on the belly and top of bum, which totally ruins the chic casual look I want!


This is a 26 (always need a 26 in new look non-stretch tops, ALWAYS!) and it's bang on. perfect with skinny jeans, and if you don't like to have a visible belly.



I own a lovely coral coloured top / t-shirt from new look that is very similar to this one, and I love it. It looks lovely tucked into jeans or skirts, so getting a black one seemed to be a sensible decision. A bargain and super comfy!


This is a size 24, but it's pretty generous up top and I'd have been good with a 22 (jersey stuff at new look seems to be cut very big, non-stretch stuff cut small?!). It's so soft and lovely. Highly recommend it!




This is the reason I made a new look order in the first place. It honestly astonishes me that it is so hard to find tops like this that are actually a sensible length! Normally they're mini-dress length or too short to cover my belly. Both lengths don't suit me! so I was pretty thrilled that NL came up with this beaut of a top! 


Perfect for super tight jeans, or for when i'm not in a IDGAF if my belly is on display day (which I have sometimes, 'cause I can't always be arsed with people staring at me in shock, lol!). This is a 26 and feels like a 24, but that's pretty standard for New Look Curve I find. Very cute an wearable.



Obviously I was gonna get the leopard print version too, wasn't I?! Same design, same size. I think it feels a tiny bit bigger than the green floral version, but to be fair, I had been wearing it all day so it might have loosened up a bit. I find this sort of fabric often does (non-stretch, thin, soft flowing fabric.... or viscose as it's otherwise known!)


Love this sort of top. super wearable and flattering. I ended up pining the bust as it does like to open up a bit if bending over or sitting down! I don't need to tell any of my readers about that though, I'm sure you all know that wrap over tops and dresses almost always end up with a safety pin between the norks, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment