Pages

Sunday 23 February 2020

ASOS Curve review 2020 #6. All sorts

Let's start with the bits I sent back!


This is size 28. 26 would have been too big. It's thin shell-like fabric and it's nice and soft, but terribly static! I wasn't into this colour on me at all.


Also shell-ish fabric but a bit less static. this size 26 would be a good fit, but the front section is oddly loose (seemingly deliberately?!) so it doesn't close very well on the bust. It fastens in a bit of an odd way. Again, not into it!


Size 26, kinda cute, but not the best fit on my shape! The fabric is thin and soft with a bit of give. I like it but it's not a keeper.


Nice fabric with a bit of give to it. would be warm and shield you from the rain. Smells like fish, but only a tiny bit and only at first. I hung it up overnight to see if the smell went away and it did. The snakeskin one I tried a while back smelt WAY worse than this one. The sleeves are long but I'm not mad at it..... if it's pissing it down long sleeves is a good thing. They have deep hems though (is it called a hem is it's not on the bottom of the garment?!) so you can fold them up easily!


Now then, I've been wanting a vinyl coat for ages. Typically the one I really wanted (the pink check one with balloon sleeves!) hasn't gone into the sale, so I thought I'd try the others in my wishlist.
I went for a size 26 but to be honest I think a 24 would have been better. My thinking was that if I wore my backpack with it, it might gape because it has poppers, and that's what happens with my rose gold rain coat.


This is a cool coat. love the colour, love the big pockets, love that it would be waterproof. BUT it didn't capture my heart the way the next one did......
Be still my beating heart! This isn't fishy. And the colour is delicious. And the faux fur is sooooo soft. And it's belted so has shape. And I just love it.
70s pimp much?! This is a 26 and it fits me nicely. It looked pretty fitted on the model so I went for the larger size. 
Quite a few of the other coats I've tried from Asos have been better in a 24, but the hips and bum would be a bit too small on this coat for me if I sized down.
It has poppers but the belt will make sure those hold well I think. It's thickish vinyl with a bit of give. Good pockets. It's bloody ace!
Now I just need to wait for a rainy day that isn't also blowing a gale-force wind that prevents me using an umbrella! 

I just think this dress is cute. It's a date dress really! Would wear tights or leggings with this normally.
This is a 24 and it's got a decent amount of give.  A 22 would have fit fine too I think so this is a flexible size thanks to the large arms and general adjustable style.
It's sorta stretchy in a concertina way, a bit like a crinkle plisse but less synthetic and a bit more stiff and structured! The bust can be tied up as tight as needed, so this is a good dress for busty ladies!

I kept looking at this dress over Christmas. I thought it looked very cool but assumed it would be non-stretch and a bit uncomfortable. WRONG! its actually made from super comfy thick stretch fabric. It's far more comfy than I expected it to be!
I got the 26 and I don't think I'd want to go smaller.  I could because it's stretch, but I like how this one fits me. And as any of my friends would tell you, I only like dresses I can pull over my head. If I have to unzip a dress to get into it I'm not interested! This is perfect in that respect!
Stretchy, rough on the outside but soft on the inside!
I like the silhouette this cut creates. It looks quite structured but it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a structured or fancy dress at all. I'm really enamoured with this, particularly as it only cost £12.50 in the sale, which is bonkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment