Pages

Friday 29 November 2019

Back to blog

It's been a while. This little blog of mine is an interesting time capsule of my old life..... my world (and sadly, the world in general) has changed so much since 2015. Don't ask. Seriously!

Anyway, over the last few years I've been increasingly annoyed that ASOS still don't offer reviews on thier site. I still shop at ASOS Curve ALL THE TIME, and I really struggle to find reviews of what I buy, or even photos of plus size women wearing the clothes so I can get an idea of sizing. I have therefore been mulling over the idea of starting up this blog again, purely to review asos curve clothing. 

I often like the more out-there, sculptural or crazy clothing from Asos. The stuff I've genuinely seen plus size vloggers make fun off.... seriously. I recently watched a plus size woman deliberately buy clothing she thought was stupid and ugly in order to try it all on and mock it on YouTube. It was basically my wish list. It annoyed me. The comments underneath were bleak, and painted a picture of a nation of fat women who are scared to push boundaries and willing to mock anyone who does. That vlogger may not be able to pull off fashion-forward pieces, but some of us can..... and we should! The thing I love most about Asos is that it give plus size women the same opportunities as slim women to wear interesting and sometimes all-out bonkers clothing!

BIG arms in BIG puffy sleeves.
Dress Asos Curve (sold out), snag tights (mustard).


So I'm back to try a new task out. Asos curve reviews by me and (fingers crossed!) other contributors too. It's not about working with or for brands. It's not about pretty pictures or perfect angles. It's about honest reviews and advice about Asos Curve clothing, and I hope it will be very helpful to my fellow fat fashionistas!

I've got a whole bunch of items to review and I'll try to get them up while the pieces are still available. It's good to be back my lovelies.

Let the bitching commence!




No comments:

Post a Comment